Recipe: Grilled Black Angus Rib Steaks with Mushroom Cabernet Glaze
A perfect pairing with EastDell Black Cab
Grilled Black Angus Rib Steaks with Mushroom Cabernet Glaze
- 2 rib steaks, best quality you can find
- 2 tbsp barbecue steak seasoning (30 mL)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (15 mL)
- 1/2 lb white button mushrooms, washed
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 tbsp sun dried tomato (60 mL)
- 1 tsp garlic, crushed (5 mL)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme (5 mL)
- 1/2 cup EastDell Black Cab red wine (125 mL)
Barbecue Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 cup paprika (125 mL)
- 1 tbsp granulated garlic (15 mL)
- 1 tbsp cumin (ground) (15 mL)
- 1 tbsp coriander seed (ground) (15 mL)
- 1 tbsp mustard powder (15 mL)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar (30 mL)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (5 mL) (optional)
- 1 tbsp salt (15 mL)
- 1 tbsp black pepper (ground) (15 mL)
Fire up the grill and sear some tasty Canadian rib steaks from your local butcher to complement the garlic mushrooms, caramelized onion and sun dried tomatoes in this red wine glaze.
For the Barbecue Steak Seasoning:
Blend all of the ingredients together and store in an airtight container. Makes 1 cup (250 mL).
For the Grilled Black Angus Rib Steaks with Mushroom Cabernet Glaze:
Preheat your grill to high (400 F +).
Rub the steaks with the bbq steak seasoning.
In an heavy bottomed skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat and add the mushrooms and onions. Cook 6-8 minutes until the mushrooms are golden and the onions are starting to caramelize.
Add the sun dried tomatoes, garlic and thyme to the skillet, cook for 2 minutes further.
Add the red wine to the skillet and reduce heat then season with salt and pepper.
While the mushroom wine glaze is simmering, you can start cooking your steaks. Place the steaks on the hottest part of the grill and cook 3 minutes per side or to your liking. Place on platters and cover with the mushroom glaze. Serve with EastDell Black Cab.
Recipe and photo by Diamond Estates Wine & Spirits Ltd.