Recipe: Grilled Roast Beef and Stilton
A hearty sandwich for fall meals
Grilled Roast Beef and Stilton
- 8 sli whole wheat bread
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (60 mL)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise (60 mL)
- 12 oz thinly sliced roast beef (375 g)
- 1 cup arugula leaves (250 mL)
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled Stilton cheese (250 mL)
Stilton is a semisoft, crumbly cheese that is similar to blue cheese. It is terrific paired with roast beef and peppery arugula.
Brush one side of each bread slice with butter. Place on a work surface, buttered side down.
Spread 4 bread slices equally with mayonnaise. Top equally with roast beef, arugula, tomatoes and cheese. Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered side up, and press together gently.
Place sandwiches on preheated panini grill or in a large skillet over medium heat and cook, turning once if using a skillet, for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.
Serve immediately. Serves 4.